As we celebrate our Nation's Birthday this weekend, let us not forget those who stand the watch and protect the Freedoms that we enjoy. Have a safe Holiday!
We would like to send out a BIG Thank You to all of our supporters for spending time with us and cheering us on at our appearances throughout the area in March.
The Band played 10 events in 4 weeks. The highlight (as always), was leading the Worlds Best EMT's and Paramedics up 5th Avenue in NYC on St. Patrick's Day.
We would also like to thank all of those that came out to our post parade party at St. Ignatius Loyola Church. What a great time it was!
We are truly humbled by the support and enthusiasm shown by our loyal followers!
The Band will be appearing at the following events. Come on out and Cheer us on!
- Thursday February 25th, EMS Today Conference, Baltimore, MD
- Friday March 4th, Irish Heritage Night, DC-37, 125 Barclay st., NY, NY 5:30PM
- Sunday March 6th, Staten Island St. Patrick's Day Parade, Forest Ave. & Hart Blvd., S.I. Step off at Noon
- Saturday March 12th, Bayshore St. Patrick's Day Parade, Saxon & Mallard Ave., Bayshore, NY 2PM Step off
- Sunday March 13th, Throggs Neck, St. Patrick's Day Parade, East Tremont and Laffayette Ave., Bronx, NY Noon Step off
- Thursday March 17th NYC, West 45th St. and 6th Ave., NY Noon Stepoff
- St Patrick's Day Post Parade Party. Come One, Come All, Share a Day of Fellowship with Family, Friends and YOUR Brothers and Sisters! St. Ignatius Loyola Church, 980 Park Ave., NY, Entrance Downstairs Corner of 84th and Park Ave.
- Saturday March 19th, Rockville Centre St. Patrick's Day Parade, Morris Ave. and South Station Plaza, Rockville Centre, NY Noon Step off
- Sunday March 20th, Pearl River St. Patrick's Day Parade, Pfizer Parking Lot, North Middletown Rd., Pearl River NY 1:30 PM Step Off
Thinking about getting a shirt? We are having an inventory clearance sale on selected shirts, just in time for St. Patrick's Day! You can save up to 50% on some styles. Check them out!
Use Coupon Code "IC50"
Also, just in are our EMS P&D Woolly Caps. Stay warm and support the Band
Today Jon Stewart joined by many FDNY Firefighters and Officers went to Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. To plead with our lawmakers to continue funding for the Zadroga Act, the (WTC Health Bill). Please follow the link to see him in action. And again Thank You!
As we enter our week of remembrance, please take a moment to pay tribute to those who gave of themselves so that others might live. 343 FDNY members, 23 NYPD, 37 Port Authority and 8 Voluntary EMTs and Paramedics. Let us also not forget that the struggle goes on. More than 2,500 Members of the FDNY, NYPD, EMS, and Sanitation are currently undergoing treatment for illnesses associated with this assignment. Many, have died since and many will die in the future. No asks for pity or special favors. We would all go again without hesitation should the need arise. But as you go through the week, look at the clear blue sky, and take a moment to reflect on the Duty, Sacrifice and Honor of those that put themselves on the line day in and day out.
New "Got Pipes" T - Shirt Kids Sizes too!Read More
We would like to wish our friends the very best as they compete in Glasgow. If you would like to follow the event. Use the link below.
The World Pipe Band Championships are almost here. Bands from several continents are busy packing, prepping and praying for a command performance. Bands start arriving in the Glasgow area on August 9th, with the qualifying on Friday the 14th and the Championship round on Saturday.
For Bands on the European Continent, there is still time to play a few final contests to test their mettle. But for those that have to travel great distances, final practices and run through of their performance often waits until they arrive on Scottish soil.
The week before the contest begins, has bands from all over the world playing concerts and giving open air performances, constantly fine tuning their repertoire for the qualifying round on Friday the 14th.
This past weekend, the "Piping Times," a publication devoted to happenings in the bagpipe world, posted an excellent article which reviews the strengths and weaknesses of the major competitors in the upcoming Championship Contest. It's well worth the read!
In case you wondering what a winning Grade 1 performance sounds like, Here's SLOTs (Saint Lawrence O'Toole, Dublin Ireland) performance. Courtesy of the EUSPBA & Drone Chorus.